One of the major concerns faced by Concessionaires – operating on a BOT basis – is collection of the correct Toll amount – as applicable for the different classes of vehicles – with pilferage (during collection of toll) being one of the major problems faced in a manual system of operation. This calls for installation of semi/fully automated Toll Collection Systems – offered by sanef its technology & Arya Omnitalk – with automatic classification of vehicles and back end support/operation for discrepancy management. The other important requirement that Concessionaires have is of a HTMS system for surveillance of the plazas and highways for security reasons as well as ensuring safety of the road users. The HTMS solution provided by sanef its technology & Arya Omnitalk includes systems like Variable Message Signs (VMS), CCTV, Metrological Stations, Automatic Traffic Counters cum Classifiers (ATCC), Radio Communication Systems and Emergency Call Boxes that can be installed all along the highways/expressways.
Arya Omnitalk brings world class Toll Collection Systems and HTMS Solutions to the Indian Concessionaires.
Toll Collection System
- Conventional Toll Collection Systems including manual and automatic collection, based on reliable technologies (LCD monitor, touch screen monitor, industrial computers, fast toll barriers, optical, wave and magnetic sensors, LED displays).
- Electronic Toll Collection including Free-Flow and Fast-Toll collection, based on proven technologies (DSRC 5,8 GHz, video motion detectors, Laser Scanners, optical separators).
- Vehicle Classification System based on proven sensor technologies (weight, length, height, axles, dual tire, profile, video).
- Vehicle Enforcement System and Video Surveillance System.
- Sub-Central Systems and Central Systems to collect, audit and report all activities on the Toll Collection System (based on WAN and LAN technologies).
- Customer relation services with customer care centers, frequent user discount management, user account management (point-of-sales or remote reload, invoicing, payment management, legal follow-up).
- Maintenance Management System including vehicle fleet and personnel team management, spare parts and equipment management, statistical and events reports, emergency recovery plan management.
Highway Traffic Management Systems (HTMS)
- Emergency Roadside System with: Emergency Call Boxes (ERT) using different technologies and media supports (Fibre copper cable, GSM/Radio based on and/or market standards (VOIP, MTP, Microsoft,…); sanef its technology & Arya Omnitalk also provides the Call Supervision System.
- Weather Stations (WTHS) sanef its technology & Arya Omnitalk also provides the WTHS Supervision System.
- Advance Traffic Counters & Classifiers (AVCS) using different technologies; sanef its technology & Arya Omnitalk also provides the AVCS Supervision System.
- Variable Message Signs (VMS) based on different technologies (LED, Fibre Optic); sanef its technology & Arya Omnitalk also provides the VMS Supervision System.
- Radio Communication System (RCS) based on secured or encrypted data/voice over Radio Frequency network; sanef its technology & Arya Omnitalk also provides the RCS Control Centre.
- CCTV Cameras with color and night capability ; sanef its technology & Arya Omnitalk also provides the CCTV Supervision System.
- Video Incident Detection System (VIDS) based on different technologies (Infrared, motion sensor, virtual Loop, thermal signature); sanef its technology & Arya Omnitalk also provides the VIDS Supervision System.
- Slow Speed Weigh-In-Motion Systems (WIM) using different technologies (piezo-electric sensor, strain-gauge platform); sanef its technology & Arya Omnitalk also provides the WIM Supervision System (as part, or not, of a Toll Collection system or a Classification System).
Emergency Call Box
Arya Omnitalk has been in the business of Toll Automation and HTMS since 2006 and has already implemented 225+ toll lanes. Arya Omnitalk is actively pursuing HTMS opportunities in technical collaboration with “sanef its”. “sanef its” (formerly ITS division of CSSI) has an enviable record of successfully supplying, installing and commissioning more than 35,000 ECBs across more than 80 Emergency Call Networks in the last 32 years all around the globe. This is a testimony to the robustness, reliability and acceptance of the product designed specifically to cater to the harsh environment across the highways. The consumption of the “sanef its” ECB is very low allowing them to be operational for a longer period of time even in the absence of sun. With two calls a day and one health check call, the ECB can work for 81 days. The MTBF of the ECB is 10 years (100,000 hours). The ingress protection rating for ECB is IP 65. In fact Arya Omnitalk is actively considering offering a life time warranty for the product.
Arya Omnitalk having strong project management and implementation skills, good engineering practices, ON time delivery & execution and timely provisioning of services is the best value for money for Indian concessionaire considering the project TCO as compared to acquisition cost only. While the ECB is proposed to be either supplied by “sanef its” or manufactured in India, all other HTMS components shall be sourced from international manufacturers of repute as per the recommendations/requirements of the concessionaire. The SCADA software being offered is based on open architecture and allows concessionaire to customize it as per their requirements.
The whole solution is priced very competitively to address the Indian market and Arya Omnitalk can also implement the complete solution on broadband wireless backbone doing away with expensive Fiber Optic backbone and relieving highway concessionaires of the hassles of maintenance of FO backbone.