Mpower is the first
Company in the PMRTS Industry to offer a unique panic button
facility to its BPO customers!! Here's how it works.
- The vehicle mounted radio in the Call Center Car is connected
to the 'panic button' mounted centrally on the ceiling and
which is accessible to all occupants of the Car.
- To know if the panic button is activated look for a red
LED which must be 'glowing'. If it is not, the employee
is advised not to board the vehicle as the set up may have
- Incase of driver misbehaviour or in case of distress,
the employee in the car needs to press the panic button
for a minimum duration (say 5 seconds or a count of ten).
- No sooner than this is done, the Control room of the Call
Center receives the 'panic alert' on the designated radio
- The horn alert is activated, signaling
the advent of an emergency. The horn continues to sound
for duration of 1 - 30 seconds, which is programmable.
- The radio's display will show the identity
of the vehicle from which the panic alert originated.
- The horn alert & display of emergency
/ vehicle ID will over-ride any conversation happening
on the Control room or Vehicle radio.
- The radio in the car will stay in the automatic transmit
mode for a designed duration, during which time all the
conversation happening within the car shall be heard or
recorded (on a digitized voice recorder) at the customer's
option at the Control room radio.
- After a brief rest from transmitting, the radio in the
car will again send the emergency message to the Control
room, sounding the horn alert once again & displaying
the vehicle ID on the Control room radio, besides transmitting
all the conversation happening in the car to the Control
room .... repeating the first cycle.
- Care has also been taken that any deliberate damage to
the panic button in the vehicle causes the panic alert to
be sent! Many BPO customers have found the panic button
an extremely good deterrent to driver misbehavior besides
increasing the confidence and security level provided to